CXOToday participated in an exclusive interview with Mr. Hemant Sapra, Co-Founder and President of Karam Group
1. Tell us about Karam Group and its vision and mission
KARAM has strategically established multiple offices in key global locations such as the United States, France, Brazil and Singapore, expanding its international reach. The company’s successful launch of specialist businesses, KARAM Middle East and KARAM Africa, further strengthened its presence in these regions. With a forward-looking approach, KARAM envisages continuous expansion of its geographical footprint, market penetration and continuous strengthening of its manufacturing capabilities. Currently, the organization aims to diversify its product portfolio, ultimately aiming to become the most important occupational safety brand globally.
2. Why is technology integration a current necessity in personal protective equipment today?
The integration of technology into personal protective equipment (PPE) today is critical for several reasons. The technology improves safety through features such as advanced filtering systems, sensor-based monitoring and real-time data analysis. It enables remote communication, improves durability and optimizes comfort. Technology-driven PPE improves overall protection, reduces risks and provides better well-being for people in a variety of hazardous environments.
3. As the world warms to generative AI technology, will this also affect manufacturing and the manufacturing sector?
Generative AI technology can positively impact the manufacturing and manufacturing sector by increasing efficiency and productivity. Collaborative efforts and responsible implementation are essential to maximize benefits while addressing potential challenges. Implementation, adaptability and regulatory frameworks will play a critical role in shaping its impact.
4. While the integration of AI is a great thing, what is your opinion on the relevance of human intervention in the manufacturing and manufacturing industry if robots replace humans. Elaborate on the pros and cons?
The integration of AI into production and manufacturing brings multiple benefits, but the importance of human intervention remains critical. Advantages include increased performance, precision and safety. Human involvement ensures adaptability, problem-solving abilities, creativity and complex decision-making. However, disadvantages can include job displacement, skill gaps, and potential ethical issues. Achieving a balance between artificial intelligence and human capabilities is essential to harnessing the full potential of automation while preserving human expertise and maintaining a healthy workforce.
5. How big is the PPE manufacturing sector worldwide, and how will technological innovation affect the industry over the next ten years?
The estimated value of the global personal protective equipment (PPE) industry in 2022 was USD 78.30 billion and is expected to increase at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 6.7 percent from 2023 to 2030. During the forecast period, there is likely to be an increase in the demand for PPE due to the growing concern for the safety of workers in manufacturing facilities.
Technological innovations will reshape the occupational safety industry by introducing advanced monitoring, automation and data-driven solutions to improve workplace safety standards.
6. It has been observed that the maximum losses globally are attributed to the manufacturing industry, but today there is enough technology to help control this, what are the sustainable technological measures adopted in Karam to minimize them?
Advances in technology offer enormous potential to drive sustainable practices.
You can use the 6 practices shared earlier.