When it comes to achieving that flawless, red-carpet-ready glow, celebrities have long been advocates of various skincare treatments. One standout among their arsenal of beauty secrets is the chemical peel. It offers them a convenient solution, providing immediate results without the need for extended retreat from the spotlight.
Juggling a bustling career as a global superstar, Priyanka Chopra Jonas swears by chemical peels to achieve a radiant and even skin tone. Her endorsement of these treatments demonstrates their effectiveness in catering to the skincare needs of the busiest individuals. So do, Jennifer Aniston, Kim K, Margot Robbie, Megan Fox and Victoria Beckham. In the realm of male celebrities, Brad Pitt stands as an advocate for chemical peels, rumored to embrace these treatments for maintaining his youthful charm.
REACHING NEW DEPTHS
A chemical peel is a cosmetic procedure that aims to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. It involves applying a chemical solution to the skin, which causes controlled exfoliation of the outer layers. As a result, dead skin cells are shed, and a fresh, new layer of skin is revealed. The depth and strength of the chemical peel vary depending on the skin concerns being addressed, such as acne, fine lines, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and uneven texture. You can choose a chemical peel in one of three depths:
– Superficial Peels: These gentle yet transformative procedures delicately remove the outer layer of skin, offering a myriad of beauty benefits. From diminishing fine wrinkles to combating acne and uneven skin tone, light chemical peels have become a go-to solution for those seeking a rejuvenated and refreshed appearance. The recommended frequency for light chemical peels is typically every two to five weeks.
– Medium-Depth: Medium chemical peels offer an effective and transformative solution for wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin tone. By targeting both the epidermis and portions of the dermis, these peels deliver more comprehensive results, making them an ideal choice for individuals seeking more significant improvements. To maintain the benefits of medium chemical peels, periodic maintenance sessions may be required.
– Deep peels: Deep chemical peels offer a transformative solution for individuals seeking to address deep wrinkles, scars, and precancerous growths. With their ability to target multiple layers of skin, these peels provide enduring and dramatic improvements without the need for repeat procedures. Under the guidance of a qualified skincare professional, deep chemical peels offer a path to renewed skin vitality and a youthful appearance.
PEEL IT AWAY!
As celebrities serve as beauty role models, their glowing skin after chemical peels has inspired many to seek out this procedure in their pursuit of timeless beauty. “Gone are the days of one-size-fits-all solutions! Nowadays, clients don’t seek superficial results but prioritise overall skin wellness”, says Sneh Koticha, Director of JCB Salons that has partnered with Skeyndor to introduce Advanced Probiome Peels. What sets these peels apart is their ability to deliver customized results while simultaneously restoring the skin’s protective layer, a crucial element for maintaining healthy skin.
The process of carrying out the Advanced Probiome Peels involves a thorough consultation to understand you skin history, concerns, and desired outcomes. Based on this assessment, their experts recommend the most suitable peel and tailor the treatment to address your individual needs. You can choose from a range of peels, each formulated to target different concerns such as hyperpigmentation, fine lines, acne, and dullness. The customizable nature of these peels targets specific skin concerns effectively, leading to improved skin texture, reduced pigmentation, and a more youthful complexion. Moreover, the minimal downtime associated with these peels allows you to return to your daily activities with little disruption. The quick and comfortable recovery process can be particularly appealing to those with busy schedules who still wish to invest in their skincare.
A RENAISSANCE STORY
Chemical peels gained popularity in the ’90s as a popular skincare treatment for addressing various skin concerns. However, their reputation suffered a setback when negative stories and concerns emerged surrounding celebrities, most notably Michael Jackson, undergoing deep chemical peels. Michael Jackson’s appearance change over the years was a subject of much speculation, and there were rumors and reports suggesting that he had undergone numerous cosmetic procedures, including deep chemical peels that destroyed his melan cells to the point he could not go out in the sun without a hat. These rumors added to the stigma surrounding chemical peels, and some people became apprehensive about the treatment due to the perceived risks associated with more invasive or aggressive peels.
Advancements in chemical peel formulations and techniques have made the procedure safer and more effective than ever before. The popularity of chemical peels among celebrities has not only inspired their fans but also increased public awareness and acceptance, resulting in individuals from all walks of life soughting out chemical peels.
Do’s and Don’ts before opting for chemical peels:
- Avoid sun exposure 72 hours before and after the peel to prevent photosensitivity.
- Refrain from intense physical activities 24 hours before and after the peel.
- Individuals with Oral Herpes or on photosensitive medications should not undergo chemical peels.
- Ensure the skin is well-hydrated before and after the peel to support barrier function and prevent excessive moisture loss.
- After undergoing a chemical peel, embrace Probiome Packs that accompany the peels for the next 7 days to nurture and restore the skin’s probiome.
If chemical peels are used correctly and the post-treatment instructions are followed, complications are less likely to occur. Margaret Bales, International Trainer at Skeyndor explains that in young skin, cell renewal occurs at a relatively rapid pace (approximately 21 to 28 days). However, as the skin ages, this process slows down significantly, extending to around 60 days in mature skin. The decelerated cell turnover can lead to a dull and lackluster complexion, making the need for stimulating renewal even more crucial with age. However, overdoing chemical peels can potentially sensitize the skin and may lead to adverse effects. It is essential to have a balanced approach and avoid excessive peeling. She recommends getting them no more than 4 times in a year.
As long as it’s performed by a licensed professional and accompanied by a tailored aftercare routine, chemical peels can be a powerful tool to achieve the red-carpet glow that celebrities so effortlessly flaunt. So, why not take a cue from your favorite stars and let the magic of chemical peels revitalize your skin, too?