- Do you have an understanding of education, coaching, facilitation or experiential learning?
- Do you have experience in teamwork and/or collaborative work settings?
- Do you have experience and interest in education, business and supporting self-directed student learning?
- Are you passionate, flexible and committed to lifelong learning?
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and backgrounds to apply.
Your main responsibilities:
- To teach a team of students on our sports business degree at undergraduate level.
- To provide 1-2-1 coaching for our students, supporting their project development.
- To take module leadership on the Sport Business and Entrepreneurship programme, delivering workshops and marking student portfolios/other reflective assessments.
- To engage with the local business community to create opportunities for our students to participate.
- To undertake appropriate ongoing personal and professional development, including participation in team coach development programs.
- Contribute to the timely review of the Sports Business and Entrepreneurship program, ensuring the development and growth of the program.
- To participate in reflection and coaching supervision as required by the role.
You will have:
- Education to degree.
- Experience in education, coaching and/or facilitating participation.
- Good understanding and ability to work creatively and effectively with teams.
- Commitment to personal and academic development.
- Ability to set high personal standards and work calmly and effectively in an environment characterized by a high level of ambiguity and complexity.
It would be desirable to have:
- Experience in educational/teaching evaluation.
- Master’s degree training.
- Experience with a range of students/participants.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies.
This position is part-time (22.5 hours per week), with working days Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. There may be flexibility to increase these hours in the future if desired.
The preferred start date is August 2023, but there is an option to start earlier depending on the notice period. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check.