This conference will discuss the outlook for oil and gas in the UK.
It will be a timely discussion, taking place ahead of the next round of oil and gas licenses – due to start this autumn – and amid heightened concerns about energy pricing, energy security and reaching net zero targets.
Bringing together stakeholders and policy makers, the discussion areas will look at:
- the prospects for future oil and gas fields in the North Sea – environmental impact – enabling industries – meeting changing energy demands
- the links between wider offshore energy operations – including blue hydrogen, CCUS and offshore wind – options for infrastructure sharing and redeployment
- competition for offshore space – solving problems around meeting multiple industrial needs
- policy developments – windfall tax impact on financing and options to support investor confidence going forward – opportunities related to decarbonisation and net zero ambitions – implications for oil and gas operations
- progress on the North Sea Transition Agreement – program evaluation
- energy security and pricing – long-term priorities for stability of energy sources, drive to increase domestic supply and impacts on industrial customers and domestic consumers
Westminster Energy, Environment & Transport Forum are delighted to feature keynote sessions with Fiona Metham, Director, Energy Development and Sustainability, BEIS; Stuart Walters, Senior Policy Manager, North Sea Transition Authority; and Will Webster, Energy Policy Manager, Offshore Energies UK.