The 95th edition of the Oscar Awards will take place at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 12. ‘Everything Everywhere at Once’ and ‘The Fabelman’ are the favorites to win multiple prizes.
However, the red carpet is expected to steal the limelight for yet another year, as celebrities will pose again in their luxurious dresses, some of which may cost millions of euros.
How much do the celebrities Oscars dresses cost?
Before discussing the value of the dresses, we should outline the process from choosing the outfits to wearing them on the red carpet at the Oscar Awards.
Three months before the ceremony a team of cosmetologists, hairdressers, stylists and makeup artists work together to get the actresses in tune.
Therefore, the stylist is in charge of knowing which dresses all the actresses will wear to avoid their client wearing the same outfit. Meanwhile, they also have a backup outfit in case of emergency.
It has to be noted that the actresses do not pay for their dresses, as famous designers such as Dior, Versace or Armani are willing to pay for them themselves.
The most expensive dresses in the history of the Oscars
- Jennifer Lawrence in 2013 (God): four million dollars
- Nicole Kidman in 1997 (Dior): two million dollars
- Cate Blanchett in 2007 (Armani Prive): 200,000 dollars
- Elizabeth Taylor in 1970 (Edith Head): 167,500 dollars
- Lupita Nyong’o in 2015 (Calvin Klein): 150,000 dollars
- Audrey Hepburn in 1954 (Givenchy): 131,292 dollars
- Cate Blanchett in 2014 (Armani Prive): 100,000 dollars
- Charlize Theron in 2013 (Dior): 100,000 dollars
- Kate Winslet in 2007 (Valentino): 100,000 dollars
- Jessica Biel in 2014 (Chanel): 100,000 dollars