Brand value of top 25 Indian celebrities soars to WHOPPING $1.6 bn! Ranveer Singh, Virat Kohli among TOP 10

by admin
Brand value of top 25 Indian celebrities soars to WHOPPING $1.6 bn! Ranveer Singh, Virat Kohli among TOP 10

Brand value of top 25 Indian celebrities soars to whopping 1.6bn! Ranveer Singh, Virat Kohli among top 10 – Is your favourite star on the list?

Photo : ET Now Digital

The Celebrity Brand Valuation Report 2022 is finally out this time there’s a 29 per cent jump in the brand value of top 25 Indian celebrities. Their collective value has soared to a whopping $1.6 billion in the last financial year. Celebrities ranging from the field of entertainment to sports made it to the coveted list.
What’s notable in this year’s list is that star cricketer Virat Kohli has lost his number 1 spot to Bollywood superstar Ranveer Singh. He has emerged as the most valued celebrity of 2022 with a brand value of $181.7 million, $23.4 million higher than 2021.

Kohli secured the second position with a brand value of $176.9 million. Kohli lead the list for five consecutive years till 2021. Akshay Kumar retained the third position with a brand value of $153.6 million. Fourth on the list is Alia Bhatt with a brand value crossing the $100 million milestone, Deepika Padukone rejoined the league of India’s top five celebrity brand endorsers in 2022 with a brand value of $82.9 million.

“This year’s study recognises the ascent of sports stars as well as South Indian stars as strong brand endorsers. 2022 has been the second successful year for South Indian movies at the box office resulting in many Tollywood faces being sought after in the advertising and media industry nationally,” Kroll said.

South Indian Stars Shine!

For the very first time, South Indian stars Allu Arjun ($31.4 million) and Rashmika Mandanna ($25.3 million) and Olympics gold medalist Neeraj Chopra have made it to the list of India’s top 25 celebrities.

“Various factors, including limited movie releases from Bollywood, increasing regional and international content on over-the-top (OTT) platforms, the Boycott Bollywood movement on social media, and the strategic marketing of South Indian films, have marketeers now look beyond the mainstream. As a result, when it comes to brand endorsements, South Indian stars are slowly becoming national faces for many brands,” the Kroll report said.

Notably, the contribution of Bollywood stars on the list is declining. In 2016, Bollywood stars constituted 81.7 per cent of the overall brand value for India’s top 20 celebrities, while the remaining 18.3% was comprised of sports stars. However, in 2022, the share of Bollywood stars has fallen to 67.6 per cent.

Top 10 Celebrities

1- Ranveer Singh – $181.7 million

2- Virat Kohli – $176.9 million

3- Akshay Kumar – $153.6 million

4- Alia Bhatt – $102.9 million

5- Deepika Padukone – $82.9 million

6- MS Dhoni – $80.3 million

7- Amitabh Bachchan – $79 million

8- Sachin Tendulkar – $73.6 million

9- Hrithik Roshan – $71.6 million

10- Shah Rukh Khan – $55.7 million

The other 15 included Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Rohit Sharma, Ayushmann Khurrana, Anushka Sharma, Kiara Advani, Kareena Kapoor, Kartik Aryan, Hardik Pandya, Allu Arjun, Sara Ali Khan, Varun Dhawan, Neeraj Chopra, PV Sindhu, and Rashmika Mandanna.

Source Link

You may also like