By now, all those who follow (or even those who don’t follow) Bollywood are aware that Gadar 2 has emerged as an all-time blockbuster. After Shah Rukh Khan’s Pathaan earlier this year, it’s Gadar 2 which has created ripples at the box office. The film is set to cross the 500 crores mark in India, a feat accomplished only by Pathaan and Baahubali: The Conclusion (Hindi version) before.
6 Corporate lessons from Sunny Deol’s Gadar 2
So what are the corporate lessons learnt?
1. Never underestimate experience: A 67 year old Sunny Deol comes and destroys all major box office records. The guy who delivered his last hit a decade back (Yamla Pagla Deewana 2) and faced a flurry of flops and disasters in years to follow returned to deliver an all-time blockbuster
2. Respect your product: Gadar – Ek Prem Katha was an all-time blockbuster too. The makers didn’t rush up to make a sequel. They waited for 20 years to find an ideal follow up and created a product which was much loved all over again
3. Don’t overspend: It’s the big idea that matters, not the big spend. In the times when even love stories are being made at a budget of around Rs. 200 crores, here comes an action film which has been made at just Rs. 70 crores. That’s the kind of moolah that’s being spent on so-called ‘content based films’ these days, and Gadar 2 makes an out and out mass masala commercial film out of it
4. KYC – Always the most important point – Know Your Customer: The makers (Anil Sharma, ZEE Studios) knew that they were catering to the length and breadth of the country, especially the interiors, and not just those 5-6 major cities. They didn’t make a classy feel for the multiplexes to earn quick money; they made a massy film to reach out to the lowest common denominator. The ticket price would be less, but the footfalls would be exponential, and that will take care of the revenue
5. Same, same but different: The product needs to be a mix of what the consumer wants and what they could potentially need. Give them something new but don’t deprive them of something that they have loved. They want Sunny Deol? Give them that. They want enemy bashing? Give them that. They want patriotism? Give them that. However, add a pinch of something new. This time, let the son (Utkarsh Sharma) go to Pakistan to hunt his father (different), but then eventually let the father save his son and bring him back to India (same same)
6. Save the USP: Every product worth its salt has a USP to it; something that distinguishes it from everything else, and just can’t be replicated. That’s where the hand pump scene comes into picture. You can make an entire Gadar 2 to Gadar 10, but you need to have the USP intact. Bring it at just that point of the narrative when audiences can no more bear the agony of the legendary moment make a comeback. 21 gun salute to the person who conceived the hand pump scene and ensured that the USP lives on for next two decades as well
Any lessons that you wish to add? Would love to read them all!
Also Read: Sunny Deol shares a heartfelt celebration on Instagram as Gadar 2 joins ₹300 crore club; says, “I feel so much love coming from all of you each day”
More Pages: Gadar 2 Box Office Collection , Gadar 2 Movie Review
BOLLYWOOD NEWS – LIVE UPDATES
Catch us for latest Bollywood News, New Bollywood Movies update, Box office collection, New Movies Release , Bollywood News Hindi, Entertainment News, Bollywood Live News Today & Upcoming Movies 2023 and stay updated with latest hindi movies only on Bollywood Hungama.